10.15.2008

Books I want to read

I have been compiling a list of books I would like to buy and devour. I spend so much money on other things which could arguably be of little value, why not invest in some good books for once?

1. Boy Meets Girl - I read this a couple years ago, but it is time to own it and reread it.


2. Ten Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health - This has been highly recommended to me by a few different people recently. And I heard the author speak at a conference in August.


3. Doing Things Right in Matters of the Heart - I quoted this on a fb note recently, now I have to read it. Recommended by a pastor of mine...


4. The ESV Study Bible - My most anticipated book coming out this year! Edited by some great Christian men I know of and recommended by many guys I appreciate. I have never owned a study Bible and I am really excited to dig in.


4 new books from Amazon.com - Total Cost: $76.81 w/ free shipping

Maybe I should take a semester just to study these books. Sounds way more relevant and exciting than business school...

5 comments:

Beth said...

You could always just buy them all used (except the Bible) and only pay $58. Yes. I seriously just looked them all up on Amazon. That's how boring my life here is. Seriously though, I haven't read any of these but they all look good. I think a semester studying them all would be way better then business school - it would be like...Christian life school.

Kaela said...

1. What does max out your ram mean?
2. I bought the marware wrist thing, and it now looks like crap.
3. Will you just fix it for me when I get home?

Abby said...

hi seth! I am cracking up at Kaela's comment. too funny. I'm asking for the ESV study bible for Christmas! I'm so excited about it!!

Abby said...

hi seth! I am cracking up at Kaela's comment. too funny. I'm asking for the ESV study bible for Christmas! I'm so excited about it!!

Beth said...

Have you gotten to devour any of the listed books yet?